BAKED FRIED CHICKEN
I am pretty sure this is the secret KFC recipe! It is DEAD ON! It is also baked...not fried and there isn't any skin! So you get to enjoy the taste of the seasoning, instead of pulling off skin!
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into thirds
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon seasoned salt (Lawry’s®)
3/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 stick butter (or 1/4 cup)
1 gallon-size Ziploc® bag (optional)
1. Place thawed chicken strips in a bowl of buttermilk,
cover, and let soak 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Combine and mix thoroughly flour, salt, seasoned salt,
pepper, and Paprika in gallon-size Ziploc® bag or bowl.
4. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place
in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Melt butter in preheated oven.
5. Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan
or lightly spray the pan with cooking spray,
if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
6. Shake excess buttermilk off chicken and completely
coat each piece in flour mixture. Either shake in the
bag until coated or dip each piece in the bowl until
7. Place each piece of chicken in the preheated pan.
Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Turn each piece of chicken over and continue baking
for an additional 20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly
at 170 degrees.
9. Remove, and enjoy!!