CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER BARS
This might be the best combination of peanut butter/chocolate/oats that we've tasted! Very well-balanced flavor. These remind me of a great chocolate chip cookie, but even better.
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
YIELD: 12 servings
2 cups - quick-cooking oats
1 3/4 cups - firmly packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups - all Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon - baking powder
1/2 teaspoon - baking soda
1 cup - butter
1/2 cup - chopped peanuts
1 cup - semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz. pkg.)
1 large egg, beaten
1 can - sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
1/2 cup - creamy peanut butter
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350° degrees.
2. Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl.
3. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
4. Stir in peanuts.
5. Reserve and set aside 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture.
6. Stir egg into remaining crumb mixture.
7. Then press the mixture onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch
8. Bake pan with mixture for 15 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, stir together sweetened condensed milk
and peanut butter in small bowl until well combined.
10. Remove pan from oven and pour peanut butter
mixture evenly over the partially baked crust.
11. Now stir together the reserved crumb mixture
and chocolate chips, then sprinkle evenly
over the peanut butter layer.
12. Now BAKE an additional 15 minutes.
13. Then remove and let cool. Then cut into bars.