Now and then the least complex formulas yield the wealthiest effects. This fudge is not difficult to make and is exceptionally scrumptious. Revel in this with your friends and family.
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 30 min
2 3/4 cups - sugar
4 ounces - unsweetened chocolate
3 tablespoons - butter
1 cup - half-and-half
1 tablespoon - corn syrup
1 tablespoon - vanilla extract
SPECIAL COOKING ITEM:
candy thermometer (See Here)
1. Grease an 8 by 8-inch pan with butter.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar,
chocolate, 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter,
half-and-half, and corn syrup.
3. Over medium heat, stir with a wooden spoon until
sugar is dissolved and chocolate is melted.
4. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil for
3 more minutes.
6. Remove the cover and attach a candy thermometer
to the pot.
7. Cook until the thermometer reads 234 degrees F.
8. Remove from the heat and add the remaining
1 1/2 tablespoons butter. (Do not stir)
9. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes or until it
drops to 130 degrees F.
10. Add vanilla and mix until well-blended and
the shiny texture becomes matte.
11. Pour into the prepared pan. Let sit in cool dry
area until firm.
12. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight
container for up to a week.