CROCK POT BEEF & BROCCOLI
This recipe is specifically put together for preparing in a Crock Pot, making this dish not only easy to prepare but also very tasty. This is the greatness of planning ahead.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 6-8 hours
1 pound - boneless beef chuck, sliced into thin strips
1 cup - beef consomme
1/2 cup - soy sauce
1/3 cup - brown sugar or honey
1 tablespoon - sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons - cornstarch
2 tablespoons - sauce from crock pot after being cooked
- Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
- Hot cooked rice (brown rice, or riced cauliflower)
1. Place beef in crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown
sugar/honey, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on
low for 6-8 hours.
3. In a cup or bowl, mix cornstarch and sauce from
the crock pot, and stir until smooth. Then add
mixture to crock pot. Stir well to combine.
(If your sauce is not thickening, try bringing your
sauce to a boil on the stovetop with the corn starch
mixture. Boil until your desired consistency is reached)
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high.
(the sauce has to boil for it to thicken)
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.