JIMMY DEAN® TACO BAKE
Jimmy Dean® turns this simple dish into a dinnertime favorite! This delicious Mexican casserole layered with tortilla chips, Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage, tomatoes and kidney beans will spice up any dinner.
PREP TIME: 25 min
COOK TIME: 30 min
YIELD: 8 servings
1 pkg - Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Hot Roll Sausage
1 cup - chopped onion
2 cans - diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz each (un-drained)
1 can - kidney beans, 15 oz (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup - water
1 pkg - taco seasoning mix, 1.25 oz
10 cups - restaurant style tortilla chips, 10oz
2 cups - shredded cheddar cheese, 8 oz
Sour cream and fresh cilantro for serving (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook sausage and onion in large skillet,
over MEDIUM-HIGH heat for 8-10 minutes or until
sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
3. Once sausage is cooked, drain the pan or skillet, and
return sausage mixture to skillet.
4. Add tomatoes, beans, water and seasoning mix, and
stir, bringing to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW and simmer
10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring
6. Place broken tortilla chips in lightly greased
13x9 inch baking dish; cover with layers of 1 cup
cheese, sausage mixture and remaining cheese.
7. Place baking dish in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and cut into 8 squares.
9. Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro,
Restaurant-style tortilla chips are thicker than other
types of tortilla chip and maintain their texture better
in this casserole. Look for them in either the snack
chips or Hispanic food sections of your grocery store.