MEXICAN TORTILLA SOUP
This kicked-up soup features sautéed onions and spicy peppers combined with chicken, corn, tomatoes and black beans all simmered in a delicious broth. The result is an ultra-flavorful soup your family will love!
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 30 min
YIELD: 8 servings
1 teaspoon - canola oil
1 large - onion (diced, about 1 cup)
2 large - jalapeño peppers
(seeded and chopped, about 1/2 cup)
2 tablespoons - tomato paste
1/2 cup - frozen whole kernel corn
1 cup - black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can - 14 oz diced tomatoes
(undrained or 3 small tomatoes, diced)
1 carton - 32 oz Swanson® Mexican Tortilla
Flavor Infused Broth
2 cups - shredded cooked chicken
Tortilla chips or strips
1. Heat oil in a 6 quart saucepot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 2 minutes,
or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the tomato paste, corn, beans, tomatoes,
broth and chicken and heat to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for amother 5 minutes,
5. Serve topped with the crushed tortilla chips or strips.