PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING
Here is a recipe that every single person should have in their arsenal, and is fabulous when served in the cool fall and winter months.
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hour
YIELD: 10 servings
4 cups - white bread (cut into cubes)
4 - eggs
3 - egg yolks
1 1/2 cups - milk
1 1/2 cups - heavy cream
3/4 cup - pumpkin puree
1 cup - sugar
1/4 tsp - salt
1 tbsp - rum or brandy (optional)
1/4 tsp - nutmeg
1 tsp - cinnamon
1/4 tsp - cloves, ground
2 tbsp - butter (cold, cut into pieces)
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350° degrees.
2. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
3. Dry bread cubes on cookie sheet in oven
for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Place the dry bread cubes in greased baking pan.
5. In large mixing bowl, whisk together all pudding
ingredients except the butter.
6. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
7. Let sit about 10 minutes until bread is fully soaked.
8. Dab butter over top.
9. Bake 40 to 50 minutes.
NOTE: (pudding should be wet in center, but not dry)