ULTIMATE RIB RECIPE
This is the ultimate rib recipe, make these for all your friends and family, and you'll never go out for ribs again.
1 bottle of Coca-Cola Soda 1.5 liter (not diet!)
1 large onion (quartered)
6 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
2 racks baby back ribs (about 4 pounds)
2/3 stick - unsalted butter
1 small white onion (diced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 cup - ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoons - yellow mustard
1/4 cup - dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon - Worcestershire sauce
1 can Coca-Cola 12 oz (not diet!)
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, add the (1.5 liter) bottle of
Coca-Cola, onion, garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns.
2. Add the ribs and, if necessary a bit of water just to
ensure the ribs are submerged completely.
3. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, turning
the ribs occasionally, until the meat pulls away from
the bone. (about 1 hour)
1. To make the sauce, combine the butter, onion, garlic,
ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce,
and (12 ounces) Coca-Cola in large heavy sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about
25 minutes stirring often until sauce is thickened
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let cool
slightly. Using a blender, puree the sauce.
NOTE: Sauce can be made up to 5 days ahead and
stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Remove the ribs from the pot, pat dry, season with
salt and pepper and brush liberally with the sauce.
3. Lay on the grill, turning them often, until charred on
the outside, about 8 minutes.
4. Loosely tent the ribs with foil and let rest for
5 minutes before cutting into individual ribs.
5. Serve extra sauce on the side for dipping.