UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
Cabbage is a superfood with lots of nutrients! Among many other health benefits, it is known for healing stomach ulcers and preventing cancer. Eat it often!
PREP TIME: 10 Min
TOTAL TIME: 50 Min
SERVINGS: 6 to 8
1 1/2 to 2 pounds - lean ground beef or turkey
1 tablespoon - olive oil
1 large - onion (chopped)
1 clove - garlic (minced)
1 small - cabbage (chopped)
2 cans - diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
1 can - tomato sauce (8 ounces)
1/2 cup - water
1 teaspoon - ground black pepper
1 teaspoon - sea salt (optional)
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Now add the ground beef and the onion to the skillet.
3. While stirring, cook until ground beef is no longer
pink and the onion is tender.
4. Now add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
5. Now add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes,
tomato sauce, pepper, and salt.
6. Bring everything to a boil.
7. Now cover the skillet, reduce heat, and simmer
for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.