The breakfast fave known as the Western omelet is also known as a Denver omelet or a Southwestern omelet. The filling includes diced ham, green bell pepper, and onion. Feel free to add a little shredded cheddar or Swiss if you like cheese in your eggs, but this recipe is for the Western omelet purist so we've skipped the cheese.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
YIELD: 2 omelets
6 large - eggs
2 tablespoons - milk
2 to 3 tablespoons - unsalted butter
1/2 cup - onions (small diced)
1/2 cup - green/red bell pepper (small diced)
1/2 cup - ham (cooked and diced)
1. In a large bowl whisk together the milk and
eggs until frothy.
2. In a large non-stick pan, melt one tablespoon
3. Add half of the onions and bell pepper and cook,
stirring until translucent.
4. Add half of the ham and cook for one more
minute, keep stirring.
5. Add another piece of butter and swirl around
pan to melt. Add half of the beaten eggs,
and swirl around pan to form a large circle.
6. Turn heat to medium low and cover with a lid
for about 2 minutes, check that your edges
are not browning, if so, remove the pan from the
heat and lower the heat.
7. Once the eggs are solid and cooked almost through,
flip the entire circle and cook for one more minute.
8. Roll or fold the omelet onto a plate and serve.
9. Repeat the above steps for the second omelet.