ZUCCHINI PARMESAN CRISPS
You'll agree, its a flavorful and simple zucchini formula.
An alternate recipe for incredible use of those extra homegrown zucchini.
PREP TIME: 10 Min
TOTAL TIME: 30 Min
1 pound - zucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized)
1/4 cup - shredded parmesan (heaping)
1/4 cup - Panko breadcrumbs (heaping)
1 tablespoon - olive oil
1/4 teaspoon - kosher salt
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with
3. Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds.
4. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.
5. In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs,
parmesan, salt and pepper.
6. Place rounds in parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating
both sides of each round, pressing to adhere.
(The mixture will not completely cover each round, but
provides a light coating on each side.)
7. Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets.
8. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the
9. Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown.
(There is no need to flip them during baking, they
crisp up on both sides as is.)
10. Enjoy !!!